If your ideal vacation destination offers privacy and total relaxation in a magnificent natural setting yet is close to a wide variety of outdoor and indoor places to play and have fun, the Blue Ridge cabin rental Wolf’s Den more than fits the bill. High on a mountaintop in Mineral Bluff, just 10 miles from the shops and restaurants of downtown Blue Ridge, this handsome log-sided lodge offers breathtaking short and long-range mountain views, and the tranquil beauty of nature in an incomparable wooded setting.
Named for the wolf carving on the front door, the cabin is a professionally decorated blend of modern and rustic, with a mix of dark wood and leather furniture and décor that reflects the western theme, including two Frederic Remington prints.
Bright and airy yet cozy and inviting with a soaring ceiling and huge windows bringing the outside in, the family room beckons you to gather, kick back, and relax in front of the wood-burning fireplace after you enjoy a meal you’ve prepared in the well-stocked kitchen. There, you’ll find stainless steel appliances, a coffeemaker, and all the implements and utensils you need. The dining table seats four, plus two at the breakfast bar. Or you can fire up the gas grill and dine alfresco on the deck, where there’s a picnic table, rockers and a porch swing to settle into.
Don’t want to cook? There are lots of great restaurants in nearby Blue Ridge that serve barbecue, continental and American fare; Chester’s is one popular hot spot. Also a short drive away is the Aska Adventure area, with its many activity options including hiking, boating and whitewater rafting.
Nevertheless, you don’t need to leave Wolf’s Den to have fun. The downstairs game room has a foosball table, 40” flat screen TV, and an elliptical machine so you can keep up with your workouts. Afterward, you can take a sauna or soothe sore muscles with a soak in the hot tub as you take in the view.
When it’s time to turn in for the night, you’ll choose from three spacious, comfortable bedrooms. The master on the upper level has Sleep Number adjustable king bed, deck access, 32” flat screen TV, and private bath with double vanity, jetted tub and walk-in shower. The main level bedroom has queen bed, deck access, and a bathroom with double vanity and tub/shower. On the lower level, the bedroom features twin bunk beds, ideal for kids. You’ll find an adjacent bath with tub and shower and laundry facilities on this level.
For those who want their tech 24-7, the cabin has WiFi, a DVD player (in family room), and Dish Network on its three TVs. But if you disconnect for a moment and head out to the particularly well-placed fire pit, you’ll find a spectacular view that’s guaranteed to take your breath away. And that’s what a mountain vacation is all about.
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Cabin sleeps 6 (4 kings)
- Game Room - foosball, flat screen TV, sofa, rug, ceiling fan; fitness room, elliptical exercise machine, desk, cabinets
- Outdoor - large main level wrap around deck, gas grill; lower screened-in deck, hot tub seats 4, swing, rockers, picnic table seats 8; fire pit, 2 benches
- Interior - wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, coffee maker
- Dining Room - table seats 4, breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - Dish Network, telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa, chair, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, flat screen TV with DVD player, coffee table, side table, bench, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom, wood panel queen bed, night stands, lamps, dresser, rug, ceiling fan, deck access; upstairs master, antique king bed, flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chair, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, twin bunk beds, dresser, built-in shelving, bench, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; upstairs master bath, stone walk-in shower, Jacuzzi, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.