Something magical happens when you stay at the North Georgia cabin rental called Broken Spoke. Open the door to this wooded hideaway and you’ll feel your body relax, your mind ease, and your worries instantly disappear. This brand-new vacation showplace, built in 2016, is the kind of warm, welcoming place that instantly feels like home, even if you’ve never been there before.
Named in honor of its owners’ love of mountain biking, Broken Spoke is located in a gated community just four miles from downtown Blue Ridge, with a wooded mountain view so you can enjoy sunrises and sunsets on the deck, settled into an Adirondack chair or rocker.
The tri-level log home is a mix of rustic elegance and modern amenities, decorated in earth tones to complement the floor to ceiling wood and beam interior, with antique touches and beautiful rugs to add interest and warmth. At night, battery-run ‘candles’ on timers flicker in the front windows, providing a welcoming glow.
Enter the family room and your eye travels skyward to the vaulted ceiling and stairway to the loft above. You’ll want to gather here to relax in front of the wood-burning fireplace (with an electric insert, if you prefer), or head down to the game room, where a 52” flat screen smart TV with surround sound, a foosball table, board games and puzzles provide hours of fun.
When hunger strikes, you’ll find everything you need in the spacious kitchen, furnished with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, plenty of cabinets, a crockpot, Keurig coffeemaker and even an iPhone/iPad docking station. The unique wine barrel dining table seats six.
If you prefer to dine outside, you can prepare a barbecue feast on the charcoal grill, and there’s a fire pit for your marshmallow roasting pleasure. Staying at Broken Spoke, which is located in the Toccoa Preserve, gives you access to the community center with a picnic area and grill, gazebo and access to the Toccoa River and year-round fishing and tubing. You watch the scenic Blue Ridge Railway train as it passes through the community area, or take a short drive to the many outdoor activities the area has to offer.
It’s just ten minutes to Mercier Orchard or biking and hiking trails on Aska Road, 15 minutes to Ocoee Whitewater Center, and five minutes to Lake Blue Ridge Marina, where you can rent a boat and jet skis. Or take a half hour ride to Ellijay to shop at Southern Flair for elegant rustic décor items like the ones you see at the cabin.
When you return to Broken Spoke, a restful night awaits you in three comfortable bedrooms, outfitted with custom beds, memory foam mattresses, cozy quilts and ceiling fans. The upstairs Master has a queen bed, private bath with double sinks, walk-in shower, a bench, double showerheads and a rain feature. The main floor bedroom has a queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, and adjacent bath, and the lower level bedroom—ideal for kids--is outfitted with twin beds and DVD-equipped 32” flat screen smart TV. There’s a laundry room on that floor and a bath with tub/shower and custom wood counter with hammered copper sink. A full-size futon in the loft, where there’s another 32” flat screen TV, brings the sleeping accommodations to eight.
There’s room for your best friend too: you can bring Rover with you, as small dogs are welcome at this wonderful home away from home. The only problem is you may never want to leave!
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Cabin sleeps 8 (kings, queen, 2 twins, futon)
- Game Room - foosball, 52” SMART flat screen TV with DVD player, surround sound, leather sofa and loveseat, games, rug, ceiling fan
- Outdoor - covered front porch, chairs; covered main level deck, 2 Adirondack chairs, ottoman, side table; lower deck, log rockers; fire pit with seating for 4, horseshoes, outdoor charcoal grill (bring charcoal); neighborhood Toccoa river access with year round fishing and tubing, community area gazebo, grill, Blue Ridge Scenic railway passes through
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, Keurig, Bose speaker for iPhone/iPad docking station
- Dining Room - table seats 6
- Media - DirecTV, local telephone
- Family Room - leather chair and reclining loveseat, stacked stone wood burning fireplace with electric fire insert option, coffee table, side tables, lamp, rug
- Loft - full futon, 32” flat screen TV with DVD player, side tables, chair, ceiling fans
- Bedrooms - upstairs master suite, custom wood queen bed, night stands, lamps, dresser, ceiling fan; main level bedroom, king bed, 32” flat screen TV, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, 2 twin beds, 32” flat screen TV with DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, walk-in shower with rain showerhead, double vanity, granite tops; main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, custom rustic wood tops with copper hammered sink
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved small dogs with prior management approval
- Child amenities - checkers, chutes and ladders, puzzles, disco light
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.