While Shangri-La, the mystical mountain paradise in the book Lost Horizon is pure fantasy, the Blue Ridge cabin rental of the same name is very real, and just as magical. Turn the key to this Georgia mountain getaway and you’ll find all the comforts of home, surrounded in all directions by mountains, forests, wildlife and nature. The clean, fresh air and natural scents and sounds will envelop you and make you feel calm and relaxed, and the breathtaking view will astound you, the sunsets staging a different spectacular show every evening.
Step inside the tri-level wood frame, split log cabin and gaze up at the wood-beamed cathedral ceiling in the main living area, with its comfortable couch and slider rocker, gas log fireplace and 40” flat screen smart TV with Dish Network. The floors, walls and ceiling are crafted of tongue and groove wood, and there are wood blinds and lighted ceiling fans in every room.
The adjacent kitchen features wood cabinetry, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, including stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator/freezer dispensing filtered water and ice. For java lovers, there’s a coffee maker and a Keurig, and seating for six at the dining table plus two at the stone breakfast bar.
Climb the staircase made from split logs and locally fallen tree branches to the master bedroom and you’ll find a new king-size bed—many of the cabin’s furnishings are new—a sitting area, walk-in closet, and 30” flat screen TV. There’s a private balcony offering you great morning and evening views, and a telescope for stargazing. The main and lower level bedrooms feature queen beds and adjacent baths; all three bathrooms have tub/shower, split log countertops, and unique fixtures, and the downstairs bath has a steam shower.
Downstairs in the cozy, carpeted game room with its stacked stone gas fireplace, you’ll find billiards, a game table with cards and board games, books, and a 50” flat screen smart TV with DVD to entertain you. There are plenty of children’s games, crayons, books and DVDs to delight your youngsters, and the queen-size pullout sofa provides extra guest accommodations.
A porch wraps around the perimeter of the cabin to enjoy year round wide mountain views and beautiful sunsets, and there you’ll find a gas grill and ample seating for your alfresco dining pleasure. There’s a six-person hot tub on the lower level deck, and a backyard fire pit surrounded by Adirondack chairs.
Of course, you’ll want to explore everything the Aska Adventure Area has to offer, and there are many choices nearby, including Mercier Orchards, Swinging Bridge, Amicalola Falls, and Vogel State Park. Green Mountain has wonderful biking and hiking trails that provide amazing views in every direction. You can rent a boat on Lake Blue Ridge, take the train ride to McCaysville, or drive scenic country roads through mountains and valleys, passing by farms and homesteads. Downtown Blue Ridge with its shopping and dining is just five miles away.
So as you can see, that magical mountain paradise really does exist, and its name is Shangri-La!
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, 2 queens, queen sleeper sofa)
- Game Room - regulation billiards, game table with 4 chairs, 50” flat screen smart TV with DVD, stacked stone gas fireplace, queen sleeper sofa, leather recliner, ottoman, board games, cards, books, ceiling fans
- Outdoor - covered wrap around main level deck, 2 single log rockers, side table, triple Amish log slider rocker with fold down drink holder, Amish high top table with 4 matching stools, Amish log bench, gas grill; private upstairs master suite balcony with 2 large cushioned metal chairs; lower terrace, 6 metal chairs with cushions, hot tub seats 6, glass top metal side table; fire pit, 6 Adirondack chairs
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffee maker, Keurig
- Dining Room - table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - satellite, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, wood slider rocker, slate tile coffee table, 40” flat screen smart TV, stacked stone gas fireplace, end tables, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master suite, king bed, 30” flat screen TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan, sitting area, rug, walk-in closet, double doors to private balcony with 2 large cushioned metal chairs; main level bedroom, custom timber queen bed, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, chair with ottoman, chest, access to main level wrap around deck; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, night stand, chest, lamp, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, tub/shower combo, unique fixtures, split log countertops; main level bath, tub/shower combo, unique fixtures, split log countertops; downstairs bath, shower/steam room combo, unique fixtures, split log countertops
- Child Amenities - games, books, coloring books, crayons, DVDs
- Laundry - washer and dryer in main level bathroom closet
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel circular driveway
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.