Many adjectives come to mind when describing the Georgia mountain cabin rental Mountain Breeze Retreat, so it’s hard to pick one - the cabin and its amazing setting are that spectacular, top to bottom and inside and out. The tri-level, wood-sided, split log home is a cathedral-ceilinged showstopper, offering a breathtaking mountain view that seems to go on forever, with brilliant sunsets of purple and gold. Mornings are just as magical, with a western view of distant ridges clouded in a heavy mist that rises from the creeks that run between them.
Named for the gentle breeze you’ll feel when you take in those late afternoon sunsets, Mountain Breeze Retreat is in harmony with the nature that surrounds it. You may spot deer from the porch in the early morning or evening, rabbits in the yard, and birds of every feather from hummingbirds and woodpeckers to owls and hawks. The wildlife theme continues inside, with animal representations in the artwork by local artists and an impressive elk antler chandelier illuminating the family room. Other unique touches include a dramatic wide staircase, custom-made aspen slab coffee table and a fireplace with stonework that rises to the ceiling.
Both the living room and downstairs game room have large flat screen TVs with DVD, DirecTV and surround sound system (55” in the family room and 50” in the game room); the game room also has Xbox 360 and Wii, wet bar and fridge, full-sized billiards table, and many board games. Out on the wraparound porch, you have your choice of rocking, swing, and hammock chairs to relax in and take in the view. The same porch offers a screened-in hot tub with room for six that faces the mountain and a stone gas fireplace topped off with a flat screen TV. There’s also plenty of additional mountain-view seating on the lower deck too, with 5 Adirondack chairs surrounding a fire pit.
The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you’ll need to prepare meals for family and friends or entertain a crowd, with electric stove/oven, refrigerator with icemaker and a drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats eight, plus three at the kitchen bar. A gas grill on the deck is conveniently located near the kitchen for your barbecue feasts.
The cabin can accommodate 12 guests in four bedrooms plus a queen bed and full-size pullout sofa in the loft. The upstairs master features a handcrafted Colorado aspen bed with a dramatic headboard facing the stone fireplace, and a private balcony with mountain view and a full-size rope hammock, and a bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, separate shower and double vanity. In the main level master, you’ll find country pine furniture including a king bed, a glorious mountain view with access to the main terrace, and bath with double vanity and handicap-accessible shower and toilet (there’s ramp access to the cabin’s front door too). Both masters have fireplaces and 43” flat screen TVs with Blueray DVD players. There are two bedrooms downstairs, both with queen beds and 43” flat screen TVs, one with a cowboy theme and access to the downstairs terrace, the other with a country theme. The shared bathroom has a shower/tub and laundry.
Located in Morganton and slightly more than six miles from the Lake Blue Ridge camping area, Mountain Breeze Retreat is a short drive from all the recreational activities you and your family can enjoy. There are nearby hiking trails to explore on morning or evening walks, and two fresh produce stands within two miles of the property. Satisfying both your fun-seeking side and the part of you that yearns to relax and unwind, it’s the perfect place for your next vacation.
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Cabin sleeps 12 (1 king, 4 queens, full pull out sofa in loft)
- Game Room - regulation billiards, Xbox 360, Wii, full service wet bar with dedicated refrigerator, high top table with 4 chairs, 50” flat screen TV with sound bar, stone gas fireplace, board games, ceiling fan, rugs
- Outdoor - dramatic staircase facing driveway; handicap ramp from driveway to front door; covered main level wrap around deck, 2 hammock chairs, 3 rocking chairs, 2 person swinging chair, gas grill; screened enclosure, hot tub seats 6, 43” flat screen TV (connected to the main TV’s cable connection) with DVD player over stone gas fireplace; private upstairs screened master suite balcony with full size rope hammock; lower terrace, 2 person swing chair, chair, slab wood bench; fire pit with 5 chairs
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans;, handicap accessible with ramp access to front door, main level master bath with grab bars in shower and toilet
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffee maker
- Dining Room - table seats 8, breakfast bar seats 3
- Media - DirecTV, local telephone
- Family Room - full size sofa, 2 chairs with ottomans, custom aspen slab coffee table, 55” flat screen TV with Blueray DVD player and surround sound system, stone gas fireplace, massive elk antler chandelier, lamps, rug, telescope
- Loft - queen bed, full size pull out sofa
- Bedrooms - upstairs master suite, Colorado aspen queen bed, stone gas fireplace, 43” flat screen TV with Blueray DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, double doors to private balcony with full size rope hammock; main level master suite, country pine log king bed, 43” flat screen TV with Blueray DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, rug, access to main level deck; downstairs cowboy themed bedroom, wood post queen bed, 43” flat screen TV with Blueray DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, access to downstairs terrace; second downstairs country themed bedroom, queen bed, 43” flat screen TV with Blueray DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, Jacuzzi tub, cozy shower, double vanity sinks; main level master bath, handicap accessible shower and toilet, double vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer in downstairs bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.