Like other North Georgia cabin rentals, Big Buck Lodge is a charming mountain chalet in a lovely wooded setting. But what sets this tri-level vacation home apart from the others are the unique, one of a kind touches you won’t find anywhere else. Built by local craftsman Jerry Sisson of Jerry’s Mountain Furniture for his daughter, it’s made of handcrafted wood floor-to-ceiling and throughout the house, with unique log beds and branch chairs and tables in every room.
Each of the three bedrooms is outfitted with a queen bed topped with a cozy quilt and a deck or balcony. The master bedroom has a private bath with walk-in shower; the other two have adjacent bathrooms with tub and shower combo. There are 32” flat screen TVs in the main level and master bedrooms, plus a 40” flat screen in the family room and a 60” flat screen in the game room, where you’ll also find billiards, foosball and board games to entertain you.
The kitchen is a mix of modern and rustic, with stainless steel appliances, handmade cabinets, granite countertops, electric oven, and conveniences like icemaker, crockpot and drip coffeemaker. The dining table seats four, and there’s room for two on bar stools at the kitchen island. Or, fire up the gas grill for a barbecue that you can enjoy on the main level covered deck picnic table. There’s plenty of seating on the lower screened-in porch, including rocking chairs and a swing. Afterward, you can have a relaxing soak in the hot tub, or toast marshmallows over the fire pit while you enjoy the evening breeze.
Of course, you’ll want to explore the Aska Adventure Area that surrounds the property, and there are plenty of fun options to choose from. It’s just a stone’s throw from the Toccoa River and Noontootla Creek for fishing, tubing, canoeing, kayaking and nearby Aska Farms. It’s also close to Mercier Orchards, the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, Long Creek Falls, and 14.5 miles from Downtown Blue Ridge and its bars, restaurants, shops and the Swan drive-in theater, one of only four outdoor movie venues in Georgia.
Big Buck Lodge’s ambience is its best attribute. Its glorious views of mountain sunrises and sunsets, serene natural setting and the relaxed and happy way you’ll feel while you’re there make for an unforgettable getaway.
- High Speed Wireless DSL Internet
- Cabin sleeps 6 (3 queens)
- Game Room - regulation billiards table, foosball, board games, 60” flat screen TV, sofa, lamps
- Outdoor - covered main level deck, 2 rocking chairs, hot tub seats 4, picnic table seats 6, gas grill, ceiling fan; lower screened-in deck, swing, 2 rocking chairs; upper deck with 2 Adirondack chairs, end table; fire pit with chairs
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, kitchen bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, toaster, coffee maker
- Dining Room - table seats 4, kitchen bar seats 2
- Media - satellite, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sofa and loveseat, rocking chair, 40” flat screen TV, stone gas fireplace, coffee table, end table, lamp, rug
- Bedrooms - upstairs level master, carved wooden queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan, deck access; main level bedroom, branch queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, chair, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, deck access; downstairs bedroom, heavy timber queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, deck access
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, walk-in shower, vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel driveway
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.