If you’d love to wake to the soothing sound of rushing water, and have it lull you to sleep at night, the Georgia mountain cabin rental Falcon’s Nest will be music to your ears. Built into a mountainside canyon ridge and perched high above whitewater rapids, this tri-level showplace gives you a spectacular view from every angle from its windows and decks.
Located on Fightingtown Creek in McCaysville, 10.5 miles from downtown Blue Ridge, Falcons Nest is a tranquil, picturesque retreat in a wooded wonderland with 1000 feet of private waterfront. Named for the nests of falcons you may spot as you walk through the property and the surrounding woods, the cabin is like the treehouse you loved as a child, only bigger, more beautiful and outfitted with all the comforts and amenities you want on vacation. Outdoor activities like hiking and fishing and the shops and restaurants of Blue Ridge are just minutes away.
Inside, Falcon’s Nest is warm and inviting, decorated in a mix of contemporary and traditional styles with industrial touches like exposed pipes, metal stairs and ceiling structures. The main living area is open and spacious, perfect tor gathering and relaxing. The modern, full stocked kitchen, with its ample cabinets, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, electric stove and oven, in-fridge icemaker, crockpot and drip coffeemaker, makes meal preparation a breeze. Including the three-seat breakfast bar, there’s seating for eight if you’re eating inside, and lots more seating on the deck if you want to fire up the gas grill for a cookout.
Afterward, you can enjoy a soak in the hot tub and warm yourself by the fire pit by the water’s edge, or head inside to the living room to settle in and watch the flat screen TV mounted above the fireplace.
When it’s time to turn in for the night, you’ll choose from four comfortable, airy and soothingly appointed bedrooms that accommodate a total of eight guests. The master bedroom occupies the entire main level, and has a California king bed, deck access, TV, and private bath and state of the art exercise cycle. Two bedrooms on the lower level have queen beds, deck access, TVs, one with private bath, and the fourth bedroom has a full bed. There are three full baths, plus a half bath on the upper floor.
The cabin’s other amenities include WiFi, laundry facilities, and paved driveway. But the best thing about Falcon’s Nest is intangible: it’s the carefree, relaxed feeling that comes over you from the moment you arrive at this tranquil paradise and stays with you until you leave.
- High Speed Wireless DSL Internet
- Cabin sleeps 8 (king, 2 queens, full)
- Outdoor - main level deck, dining table seats 4, gas grill, wicker sofa and chair, loveseat, coffee table; upstairs deck off master suite, table with seating for 4; lower deck, hot tub seats 6, 1000 feet on Fightingtown Creek; fire pit with seating for 8 right on creek
- Interior - warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen island seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, coffee maker
- Dining Room - table seats 4, kitchen island seats 3
- Media - satellite, local telephone
- Family Room - leather sectional sofa and ottoman, gas fireplace, 53” flat screen TV with DVD player, 2 chairs, end tables, lamps
- Bedrooms - upstairs master suite, California king sleigh bed, 46” flat screen TV with DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, deck access; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 36” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps; second downstairs bedroom, queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps; third downstairs bedroom, full bed, 36” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, granite tops, double vanity; upstairs half bath; downstairs bathroom, tub/shower combo, vanity; second downstairs bathroom, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved driveway
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.