If privacy, peace and quiet, and a spectacular view top your vacation wish list, you’ll find that and so much more at the North Georgia mountain cabin rental Bear Hug. It’s the kind of place that envelops you like a huge hug from a loved one, surrounding you in an atmosphere of fun, love and laughter.
Constructed of knotty pine floor to ceiling, the spacious tri-level lodge is warm, welcoming and inviting, just ten miles from downtown Blue Ridge but worlds away from civilization. So private you can see only one neighboring home, Bear Hug overlooks the land-protected Chattahoochee National Forest to the west, ensuring you a breathtaking sunset view every evening. You can take the kids into the backyard to play while you break out the bear-themed wine glasses for a relaxing happy hour.
Bear Hug is ideal for families, with one bedroom outfitted with one single bed and one custom log bunk bed and kids’ amenities like a strap-on highchair seat, Pack N’ Play, monitor, and a child safety lock on the basement door. The cabin is pet-friendly too, so you can bring your small dog.
There’s plenty of entertainment available too, as the cabin has billiards, darts, a 32” TV, iPod docking station, and Wi-Fi in the game room, which has a custom-built bar and wine fridge, and a 40” TV in the family room with another IPod station, surround sound, and DVD/VHS player.
Preparing meals is a pleasure in the fully stocked kitchen-with-a-view, where you’ll find stainless steel appliances, electric oven and stovetop, microwave, crockpot, toaster, and drip coffeemaker, with dining space for six plus two at the breakfast bar. Or fire up the gas grill for a barbecue you can enjoy on the outside deck, where you can relax in the six-person hot tub, kick back in a rocking chair, and use the telescope to get a closer look at the star-filled sky.
On cooler nights, you can warm yourself by the fire pit or cuddle up before the fireplace in the family room’s cozy sofa or chairs. Or head up to the comfy couch in the loft to read a book—that is, if the view doesn’t distract you too much!
When it’s time to turn in for the night, the comfortably furnished bedrooms await you, each with cooling ceiling fans, unique lamps and plush toy bears in keeping with the cabin’s theme. You’ll choose from the upstairs master bedroom, with queen bed, deck access and private bath with garden tub and walk-in shower, the main level master bedroom with queen bed, deck access and bath with walk-in shower, and the aforementioned lower level kids’ room, with adjacent shower and laundry facilities. A double sleeper sofa in loft can accommodate extra family members or guests.
In the morning, you can take a drive to Morganton Point, a great place to swim, kayak, and picnic in the summer, or head to downtown Blue Ridge to visit the Arts Center, playground, restaurant, boutiques and art galleries.
The perfect blend of fun-filled activities and restful, relaxing escape, Bear Hug gives you the best of both worlds and vacation memories you’ll treasure for years to come.
- High Speed Wireless DSL Internet
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 queens, twin, twin over full bunk beds)
- Game Room - regulation billiards table, darts, custom built bar, 3 bar stools, wine fridge, iPod docking station, 32” flat screen TV, loveseat, rug
- Outdoor - covered main level deck, 4 rocking chairs, end table, dining table seats 7, outdoor wood burning fireplace, gas grill, ceiling fans, telescope; upper deck off master suite, 2 rocking chairs; lower deck, hot tub seats 6; fire pit
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, kitchen bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, toaster, coffee maker
- Dining Room - table seats 6, kitchen bar seats 2
- Media - satellite, local telephone
- Family Room - sofa, oversized chair with ottoman, rocker, 40” flat screen TV with DVD/VCR, surround sound, iPod docking station, stone gas fireplace, coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug
- Loft - sleeper sofa, glider, 2 children’s rocking chairs
- Bedrooms - upstairs master suite, carved wooden queen bed, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan, private deck with 2 rockers; main level bedroom, wood and fabric queen bed, dresser, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, twin, twin over full bunk beds, night stand, lamp, dresser, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, garden tub, walk-in shower, single vanity; main level bath, walk-in shower, single vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, single vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved small dogs with prior management approval
- Child amenities - pack n play, strap-on highchair seat, stepstool, monitor, child safety lock to basement door
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved road to cabin, gravel driveway
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free