Is your idea of the perfect vacation relaxing in a beautiful secluded place, surrounded by nature but close to activities the whole family can enjoy? The Blue Ridge, GA cabin rental Sunshine Mountain offers that and so much more.
Located on a mountaintop in Mineral Bluff, this lofty retreat boasts breathtaking 360-degree views from its wraparound decks, screened-in porches and every window. You can watch the sun kiss the mountains in the morning as the fog rolls off the valleys below you, and revel in the beauty of the sunsets and millions of stars at night as you feel the stresses of everyday life melt away. Nature surrounds you at every turn, even right outside the door: deer come to visit every day to be fed.
Featured in Log Home Living magazine in December 2009, Sunshine Mountain is spectacular inside and out, boasting unique architectural details and professionally decorated with high-end furnishings throughout. Its massive hand-carved logs, vaulted ceilings, two-story stone fireplace, cherry hardwood floors and laurel branch spindles give it character, and its rustic furniture and designer lighting envelop you in comfort.
Speaking of which, you’ll slumber in blissful comfort in each of the cabin’s four bedrooms, one of which has a pair of twin bunk beds, perfect for teens and kids. The other three feature queen beds, flat screen TVs with DVD players, ceiling fans and beautiful patchwork quilts. The master bedroom has log furniture, a spacious closet, a balcony and bathroom with double sinks, double shower, and sitting bench. The upstairs and downstairs bathrooms feature tub/shower, and there’s a powder room on the main floor. Need extra sleeping space? No problem: there’s a pullout sofa in the basement big enough for two.
That downstairs room is geared toward socializing and entertainment, with a large flat screen TV, DVD and Wii, and plenty of games and movies for your enjoyment. There’s also a shuffleboard table, electronic dartboard, board games, card table, and exercise machine in the game room.
Upstairs in the main living room, you can sit back in the sofa, recliners, or rocking chairs before the fireplace in a room made more cozy and atmospheric by rustic accents like carved bear lamps and a faux cowhide rug. Take the stairs up to the loft and you’ll find a flat screen TV/DVD, two gliders and an office desk. The cabin is also wired for the Internet and has an intercom system.
Sunshine Mountain has everything you need to prepare gourmet meals, as the kitchen is fully stocked with stainless steel appliances, two coffee makers (drip and Keurig-style), griddle, waffle iron, Magic Bullet, toaster and toaster oven, and a Crock-Pot. You’ll also find a trash compacter, Amazon Echo sound system, and a carving of a woodland fairy on a support beam above the island, crafted by a local artist. There’s seating for ten at the dining table, plus space for four at the breakfast bar.
You’ll find ample seating outdoors, too, in the porches off the living room and master bedroom, upstairs, the basement and the side of the cabin, where the hot tub provides you with awesome mountain views as you soak your cares away. Then, you can warm yourself by the fire pit or fire up the gas grill or charcoal barbecue and dine under the stars.
Sunshine Mountain’s other amenities include a laundry in the basement and driveway. But its most important asset is the way it will make you feel: refreshed, relaxed and happy. It’s a feeling that will linger in your memory long after you leave!
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 10 (3 queens, 2 twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - shuffle board table, electronic dart board, board game table, board games, card table, exercise machine, 42” flat screen TV with DVD player, movies, Wii, queen pull out sofa, 2 recliners, rocking chair, coffee table, end table
- Outdoor - large screened in deck on main level, 2 rocking chairs, side table, 2 swinging sky chairs, bistro high top log table, 2 chairs, 2 director chairs; upstairs screened in deck, high top table, 2 chairs; downstairs deck, 3 chairs, hot tub seats 6; side deck, picnic table seats 8, 2 chairs, gas grill, charcoal grill (bring charcoal); fire pit, 4 chairs
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, Venetian plaster finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, kitchen breakfast bar seats 4 with woodland fairy carved on support beam, kitchen utensils, trash compactor, dust vacuum vent, Amazon Echo sound system, microwave, Keurig, coffee maker, griddle, waffle iron, magic bullet, crock-pot, toaster oven, toaster
- Dining Room - dining table seats 10 and breakfast bar seats 4
- Media - satellite, local phone
- Family Room - sofa, 2 recliners, 2 Amish rocking chairs, leather rocking chair, two story stacked stone gas fireplace, rustic wood accent tables, carved bear lamps, rug
- Loft - 32” flat screen TV with DVD player, 2 gliders, office desk, lamp
- Bedrooms - main level master with heavy timber queen bed, 24” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, large ensuite with warming fan, large closet, large balcony access; upstairs bedroom, rustic branch queen bed, 24” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamp, balcony with log furniture; second upstairs bedroom, queen bed, 24” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, rocker, sitting area; downstairs bedroom, two twin bunk beds, dresser, porch access
- Bathrooms - main level master ensuite, double stone surround shower with sitting bench, heating fan, double sinks; main level half bath; upstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, heating fan, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - gravel roads, gravel driveway, 4 wheel drive needed
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free