With its breathtaking views, first class amenities and prime location in Morgantown in the Wilscot Mountain area, Hoot Owl View is the finest in Blue Ridge mountain cabin rentals. Its unusual name comes from the road it sits on and the nocturnal birds that nest in the surrounding woods. If you listen closely late at night, you can hear the hoot owls call!
From the moment you arrive, a sense of peaceful bliss and rejuvenation of the spirit engulfs you, beckoning you revel in the harmony of nature. Overlooking a valley with incredible mountain views, Hoot Owl View’s majestic setting will enthrall you from dusk till dawn as you enjoy your morning coffee or evening nightcap under the stars from its wraparound deck.
Outside its doors is an adventure lover’s paradise, as it’s a short drive from the cabin to Lake Blue Ridge public beach and a marina with boat and jet ski rentals, hiking and biking trails, and swimming, tubing and horseback riding. In the mood for less strenuous activities? No problem! Pack a lunch and picnic on the Toccoa River, explore Mercier Orchards, take a scenic train ride, sample the wines at Serenberry Vineyards just approximately 1.5 miles away, and shop and satisfy your hunger at the restaurants and pubs of downtown Blue Ridge.
Returning to Hoot Owl View, you can settle in for a sunset on the deck, toast marshmallows over the fire pit, fire up the gas grill for a barbecue (the outdoor table seats six), read a book in the swing seat or take a romantic walk under the stars. Inside, you can play a game of pool, challenge friends and family to a round of ping pong, or settle into the family room’s comfortable furniture, and chat or watch TV—the cabin has three HD flat screens, a DVD player, and a selection of DVDs, books, and wireless Internet.
Hoot Owl View is the epitome of rustic elegance, from its hardwood floors, tongue and groove wood walls and ceilings, and main floor cathedral ceiling to its wildlife accents that reflect its setting. The kitchen, with its Corian countertops, spacious cabinetry and top-notch appliances and adjacent dining area with seating for six will make preparing meals for your family and guests a pleasure.
When it’s time to turn in, you’ll choose from three cozy bedrooms, each with a queen bed, and each with a magnificent west mountain view. The third level master bedroom sports a bathroom with double sinks and sliding glass doors, flat screen TV, private balcony with two rocking chairs, and Keurig coffee maker so you can enjoy your morning Joe without leaving the room!
Other amenities include three full bathrooms with spacious cabinetry, plenty of closet space, a main floor laundry room, and a dog bed and kennel for your best friend---at Hoot Owl View, you’re welcome to bring up to two dogs with you.
Ideal for a small family, three couples or you and your best friends, Hoot Owl View is the perfect place to celebrate, escape, explore and enjoy all the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer.
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 6 (3 queens)
- Game Room - regulation billiards table with ping pong top, floor to ceiling stacked stone gas fire place, 32” flat screen HDTV, rocking chair, lamps, rug, board games
- Outdoor - master bedroom outdoor private deck with 2 log rocking chairs with matching wood table; main level wrap around deck with covered area, 2 log chairs, dining table seats 6, gas grill; basement level deck, 2 log chairs, swinging chair; fire pit at end of driveway with west facing mountain and east fully moon rise view
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, kitchen island seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, crockpot, blender, coffee maker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - satellite, local phone
- Family Room - couch and matching sofa chair, floor to ceiling stacked stone gas fireplace, 40” flat screen HDTV with DVD player, books, coffee table, end tables, lamps
- Loft - wood office desk, and chair
- Bedrooms - upstairs master with log and branch queen bed, 32” flat screen HDTV, rocker, night stands, lamps, Keurig, private balcony with 2 log rocking chairs and coffee table; main level bedroom with branch queen bed, night stands, lamps; downstairs bedroom, wood paneled queen bed, night stands, lamps
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity, closet space; main level bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved road to cabin, ample parking
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.