When the pressures and stresses of daily life weigh on you, what you need most is a place to unwind. The good news is that place exists, in the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains of northern Georgia. True to its name, the Great Escape Lodge is the perfect vacation retreat, in a setting that beckons you to relax, recharge and enjoy everything this mountaintop refuge has to offer.
Located on Sunrock Mountain five miles from downtown Blue Ridge, Great Escape Lodge is a three-story modern log cabin with wraparound decks and floor to ceiling windows that allow you to take in the spectacular views from every angle, indoors and out. You’ll feel relaxed, peaceful and in awe of nature’s beauty as you take in the ever-changing sunrises and sunsets, and immediately understand why these are some of the best views in Fannin County!
With an all-wood interior and rustic wildlife-themed décor to match its log-siding exterior, Great Escape Lodge is furnished with rustic wood furniture in warm wood tones. Your dreams will be sweet indeed in one of Great Escape Lodge’s three bedrooms that include an upstairs Master Suite with a log king bed, two rocking chairs and screened-in deck, a cozy main floor bedroom with a queen bed, and another king bed in the basement bedroom. Add the pullout queen sofa in the basement game room, and Great Escape Lodge can accommodate eight.
The Master Suite and main floor bathrooms feature double vanities with solid wood counter tops, walk-in showers and soaking tubs, and the downstairs bathroom has a tub-shower combo with a single vanity and solid wood counter top. The cabin’s tankless gas hot water system makes a simple bath or shower feel like a day at the spa!
But in a setting like this, you’ll want to spend as much time outdoors as possible, hiking on nearby trails and visiting the Mercier Apple Orchard, just 2.5 miles down the road and visible from the cabin’s decks. When you return to Great Escape Lodge, you can soothe your tired muscles in the hot tub or fire up the Weber gas grill for an al fresco barbecue. The screened-in porch has an outdoor wood-burning fireplace with ample seating and dining for four.
After dinner, you can settle in by the stacked stone fireplace in the family room or retreat to the basement game room that’s stocked with board games, a card table, an electronic dartboard, regulation billiard table, and a wet bar with a small refrigerator.
The perfect place for families, couples and friends to recharge, bond and appreciate the beauty of Nature, Great Escape Lodge has all the ingredients of a magical vacation, one you’ll remember for years to come.
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 8 (2 kings, queen, queen pull out sofa)
- Game Room - regulation billiards, card table, electronic dart board, 48” flat screen TV with DVD player, wet bar with small refrigerator, stacked stone gas fireplace, sofa, chair and ottoman, board games
- Outdoor - main level screened-in deck, stone wood burning fireplace, dining table seats 4; lower deck, hot tub seats 5, weber gas grill
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, gas stove with double ovens, custom cabinets, granite countertops, large breakfast bar seats 4, wine cooler, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker
- Dining Room - farm style dining table seats 6
- Media - satellite, local phone
- Family Room - sofa, chair, rocking chair, coffee table, stacked stone gas fireplace, 46” flat screen TV with DVD player, stereo system with surround sound, end tables, lamps
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom with log queen bed, 24” flat screen TV with DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, screened in deck with ceiling fans and cozy seating; upstairs master with heavy log king bed, 24” flat screen TV with DVD player, dresser, night stands, lamps, large screened in deck, with ceiling fans, 2 Adirondack chairs; downstairs with log king bed, 24” flat screen TV with DVD player, dresser, night stand, lamp
- Bathrooms - main level bath, soaking tub, walk-in shower, dual vanity, solid wood tops; upstairs master bath, soaking tub, walk-in shower, dual vanity, solid wood tops; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity, solid wood tops
- Child Amenities - child gates
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - ample parking
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.