If luxury, privacy and comfort in a lovely wooded setting is what you seek, you’ll find all of that and much, much more at Higher Ground, a spectacular showplace located in the Aska Adventure area with breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This unique North Georgia cabin rental is the perfect place to escape the hectic pace of daily life, decompress and enjoy the peace, quiet and freedom of the country with family and friends. Higher Ground even has celebrity cachet: it’s the former home of a famous fly fisherman who has been featured in many magazines and appeared on ESPN and The Outdoor Channel.
Built of knotty pine and lavishly appointed inside and out, Higher Ground has the amenities of an exclusive resort in the intimacy of a private home. First, there’s the showpiece of a family room, with its cathedral ceiling, wood-burning stone fireplace, and down-filled furniture to provide ample seating for all.
The three professionally decorated bedrooms are cozy and comfortable, decorated with pine paneling, ceiling fans and invitingly warm earth tones. You’ll nestle in for the night and wake up refreshed for your day in the mountains. And if you’re staying in the upstairs master bedroom, you’ll find a king bed and a private deck with two rocking chairs. Step outside with a cup of morning coffee and enjoy the view!
Higher Ground’s open kitchen has custom pine cabinets and all the appliances you’ll need. Dine inside at a table that seats six, or fire up the gas grill for your favorite barbecue. You can play a game of basketball or grab a book and a drink and take in the mountain air from an inviting porch swing, hammock or a rocking chair as you listen to music on the outdoor speaker system.
For indoor entertainment, there are five flat screen TVs, two DVD players, a stereo and CD player (don’t forget to pack your favorite music!), and a PlayStation 3 gaming system. The basement game room is stocked with board and card games, puzzles, and air hockey.
True to its name, Higher Ground is the height of luxury in a rustic setting, and a stay there will provide you with a vacation experience to savor and remember for years to come.
- Wireless Satellite Internet
- Sleeps 8 (2 kings, queen, twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - air hockey, gaming table, 42” flat screen TV with DVD player, PlayStation 3, leather sofa and chair, board games, card games, puzzles
- Outdoor - wrap around porch; main level deck, 4 rocking chairs, 2 chairs, swing, side tables, outdoor speaker system, gas grill; lower deck, hot tub seats 6, patio chairs, hammock; fire pit, iron benches, chairs; basketball goal; whole house generator
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, black appliances, custom cabinets, kitchen bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - satellite, local phone
- Family Room - down filled sofa, loveseat, and chair, ottoman, leather ottoman, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, 42” flat screen TV with DVD player, stereo system with CD player, end tables, lamps, rug
- Loft - twin bunk beds
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom with iron and wood beam queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, night stands, chair, lamps; upstairs master with carved wood paneled king bed, 40” flat screen TV with DVD player, night stand, chair, lamp, private deck with 2 rocking chairs; downstairs with sleigh king bed, 32” flat screen TV, chair, night stand, lamp
- Bathrooms - main level bath, tub/shower combo, stainless grab bar, vanity; upstairs master bath, tub/shower combo, stainless grab bar, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, stainless grab bar, vanity
- Child Amenities - toddler toys, booster seat
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs bathroom closet
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved drive, ample parking
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free