In the 90 minutes often squandered watching TV or fiddling around on the computer, one could leave the workaday life of Atlanta behind and escape to Blue Ridge Mountain cabin rentals.
Hidden Gem, a three-bedroom, three-bath cabin is the antidote to life’s stresses. Offering the lovely amenities of a beautifully furnished home. Unlike your own home, Hidden Gem requires no work. Though off the beaten track, the cabin is not so remote that you feel isolated. Rather, you can use the Wi-Fi to check Facebook. Or watch shows and movies on two huge TVs with Blu-ray and a DVD player or step away from the screen and marvel at what’s outside.
Nestled in Mineral Bluff, which is only 8 miles from Blue Ridge, this graceful home beckons you to slow down. The anxiety that mounts during the day when we’re racing from one commitment to another melts away here. That postponed chat with an old pal or long talk with your children finally has the right setting. Wicker furniture with cheerful cushions and striped rugs adorn the enclosed porch, intended for kicking back and enjoying the views. The living room’s leather couches and an overstuffed club chair face a stone gas fireplace, which infuses the pine walls with a golden topaz glow. The warmth of these rooms summons you to slow down and simply enjoy one another’s company.
After preparing a meal on gleaming granite counters and the gas stove, it’s a pleasure to eat in the dining room surrounded by spectacular views. In the morning make a cup of joe and stroll onto the porch. Later that evening while someone barbecues on the charcoal grill, get a little momentum going on the porch swing and listen to the stream bubbling. Most of all, listen to yourself. If that inner voice has been goading you to the next task, maybe now it can whisper that it’s time to sleep in.
Sleeping in is so lovely at Hidden Gem. French doors lead from the queen master bedroom to the screened-in porch. The upstairs bedroom has a private entry and access to the hot tub. All three bedrooms have their own bathrooms for added privacy. Hidden Gem’s outdoor hot tub may become your favorite place to unwind. Let the water wash over you while watching flames dance in the stone fireplace.
After all, it’s all about relaxing. Whether you want to kick back and play board games, foosball or Ping-Pong, or go for a brisk hike amidst the wonders of nature, you’ll find it here. Mostly what you have is choice: the choice of complete solitude and connecting with nature or staying within the walls of this lush cabin and spending precious time with those you love.
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 10 (5 queens)
- Game Room - ping pong table, foosball, 42” flat screen TV, stone gas fireplace, leather sectional sofa, club chair, ottoman, wet bar with barstools, rug, chess, checkers, board games, puzzles, cards
- Outdoor - main level screened-in deck, 2 wicker chairs and loveseat, coffee table, rug, 2 chairs and table, charcoal grill (bring charcoal), swing; covered porch, stone wood burning fireplace, 4 chairs, hot tub seats 6; steps leading to deck hammock, near creek
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, custom green cabinets, granite countertops, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster, coffee maker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - satellite, local phone
- Family Room - leather sofa, leather chair with ottoman, club chair, stacked stone gas fireplace, 47” flat screen TV with Blu-Ray player, iPod dock, coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug, books
- Loft - Xbox 360 and TV, games
- Bedrooms - main level master suite with poster log queen bed, chest, night stands, lamps, French doors opening to screened-in deck, private bath, walk-in closet; upstairs bedroom with 2 heavy log queen beds, night stand, lamp; downstairs with 2 branch and log queen beds, night stand, lamp
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, jetted tub, walk-in shower, dual sinks with granite tops; upstairs bath, walk-in shower, vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs laundry room
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved drive, ample parking
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free