Rocky Top is a cozy Georgia Mountain cabin rental nestled into the My Mountain area of Morganton. You’ll feel like you’re on top of the world here, and truly away from it all. Like all our other Gordon cabins, this has a spectacular long range mountain view.
Great for a couple or family, this lovely two-bedroom, authentic log cabin has caramel-colored real log with chinking inside and out, and open beam ceilings throughout the space. Every room has a chic country touch, from the main room’s elegant furniture to the romantic French toile master bedroom, down to the hutch near the dining area displaying a toile-themed plate collection.
Start the day by whipping up pancakes in a kitchen any cook will love. Talk over your big plans for the day over breakfast, then get ready for the fun to begin. Pack a picnic and spend the day fishing or boating in nearby Lake Blue Ridge, enjoying some sunshine, cool water and fresh mountain air. Go horseback riding followed by apple picking, or head out for some biking and hiking through the hills. Tour the local vineyards for a little wine tasting. Take a tour of the area on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, stopping off in the quaint sister towns of McCaysville, GA and Copperhill, TN. While there, have lunch or an ice cream, shop for unique crafts or antiques, or simply have a stroll through town.
Before dinnertime, the kids can play games on the screened-in porch while you grill the day’s catch and prepare some easy sides. Have dinner at the picnic table, surrounded by beautiful long-range mountain views.
Spend quiet evenings out on the screened-in porch, lounging on the swing or rockers with a nightcap. Watch a movie on the 50” flat screen TV in the great room, kept warm and cozy by the corner gas fireplace. Enjoy a romantic, late night dip in the hot tub under starry skies.
Kids will love the twin beds in the loft upstairs – they’ll feel like they’re in their own little nest above the treetops. You’ll be in heaven in the main floor’s king master bedroom, with a blissful sleep that will have you walking on air the next morning.
Rocky Top is a peaceful place high above the hills that feels far away from the rest of the world. With its beautiful mix of mountain cabin and French countryside décor, its unique and charming atmosphere offers a wonderful environment to relax and restore you. This rocky mountain getaway is sure to be at the “top” of your list.
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 4 (king, 2 twins)
- Outdoor - screened-in porch, ceiling fans, 2 wicker rockers, swing, 3 rocking chairs, gas grill, picnic table seats 6; lower deck, hot tub seats 4, 2 wicker rockers, side table
- Interior - real log with chinking, open beams, wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, custom cabinets, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, kitchen utensils, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 4
- Media - satellite TV, local phone service
- Family Room - leather sofa and recliner, stone gas fireplace, 50” flat screen TV with Blu-Ray player, chairs, coffee table, end tables, rug, lamps
- Loft - 2 twin beds, recliner, end table, lamps
- Bedroom - main level master with wrought iron, king bed, dresser, night stands, chair, lamps
- Bathrooms - main level bath with tub/shower combo, vanity; loft bath with shower, vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer closet in main level bathroom
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, ample parking
- Walking distance to Cabin Fever and Eagles Nest
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free.