In the Cherokee Indian language, “Echota” [eh-CHOE-ta] represents a place of sanctuary and renewal and epitomizes the feeling created by this beautiful Blue Ridge cabin rental. Its sylvan ambience begins the moment you turn onto the driveway flanked in pine trees. The "rock chrysanthemum" design and boulder path leading you to the front door are only a glimpse of what awaits you in your refuge in the pines.
As you step inside, a beautiful view of the lake welcomes you to your home away from home. Echota Pine is special in so many ways, the least of which is the fact that the builder used 100-year-old pines cleared from the property when the cabin was built to trim the doorways and windows, giving it its authentic, rustic look.
Large windows and double glass doors frame picturesque views that will delight your senses. The family room of this tongue and groove pine cabin boasts soaring cathedral ceilings accented by huge timber crossbeams. Every detail in the decor was chosen to pull elements of the outdoors inside. You'll get the feeling at Echota Pine that there are no walls that separate you from nature. The atmosphere is pure, peaceful, and "of the woods."
A unique signature piece, a “tree of life,” hangs in the stairwell, signaling that this is a sacred space to get back to the basics – family, love, and laughter. Preparing food for large celebrations is a piece of cake since this cabin has not one, but TWO full-size kitchens. Entertain family and friends with ease. The kitchen is well-stocked with all a discerning chef could hope for. Spend a lazy afternoon lounging on one of the decks; warm up on chilly evenings by the outdoor wood-burning fireplace; or relax in the hot tub any time of day that suits you.
Sleep peacefully in one of four inviting bedrooms -- you'll have three masters to choose from, two of which open out onto the back deck for those quiet times when you might just want to enjoy a cup of coffee as the sun rises! Enjoy the spacious walk-in closets and ensuite bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs. Children and teens are sure to enjoy the bunk room with accommodations that sleep 4 and its own personal DVD player.
You’re surrounded by nature at every turn at Echota Pine. Head to the Aska hiking trails or waterfalls just minutes away, go fishing on the Toccoa, or take your boat or jet skis to the local marina just a few miles down the road and spend the day on the water. Browse downtown Blue Ridge’s galleries and antique stores only 15 minutes away, visit Mercier Orchards, take the scenic train, or catch a movie at the nostalgic Swan Drive In theatre. Drive just a few miles down the road, and feast on ribs or fresh seafood at the famous Toccoa Riverside Restaurant.
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, "In the woods, we return to reason and faith." This quote appears in the king master and truly reflects the essence of Echota Pine, designed to be a refuge where people can relax and reconnect with themselves, family and friends. Leave the pressures of the day-to-day, and return to "reason and faith," fully renewed in body and spirit.
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 10 (2 kings, queen, full over full bunk beds)
- Game Room - card/puzzle table, 60” flat screen TV with soundbar and DVD player, Playstation 2 with a large selection of games, stone gas fireplace, sofa, coffee table, end tables, 2 club chairs, 2 stools at kitchen bar, board games
- Outdoor - main level covered deck, stone wood burning fireplace, 2 chairs, love seat, coffee table, ceiling fan, gas grill, dining table seats 4, 6 rocking chairs; lower deck, hot tub seats 6; hundreds of acres of national forest to explore right across the street
- Interior - wood tongue and groove pine, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - two full-size kitchens (main and lower levels), custom cabinets, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, kitchen utensils, microwave, griddle, 2 coffee makers
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8 and 2 stools at kitchen bar
- Media - satellite TV, local phone service
- Family Room - leather sofa and love seat, recliner, stone gas fireplace, 46” flat screen TV with DVD player, entertainment center, coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug
- Bedrooms - main level master with wooden king sleigh bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, chair, end table, lamp; main level master room with dark wooden queen sleigh bed, 27” flat screen TV, dresser, end table, lamp; downstairs master with wooden and iron king bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps; second downstairs bedroom with full bunk beds, 27” flat screen TV with DVD player, dresser, lamp
- Bathrooms - main level master bath with walk-in tile shower, Jacuzzi tub, corian tops, double vanity, walk-in closet; main level bath with tub/shower combo, corian tops; downstairs master bath with walk-in tile shower, Jacuzzi tub, corian tops, double vanity, walk-in closet; half baths upstairs and downstairs
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Child Amenities - baby gate
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved driveway, ample parking
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth is free