Just an hour’s drive from Atlanta, this North Georgia cabin rental was made for water lovers. Situated on one of the best spots on the Cartecay River in Ellijay, you’ll see whitewater views and evergreen pine trees from every river-facing window in this spacious home. The water is always flowing below you, and the sounds of the rushing river will sooth your heart and soul.
Here at Lazy River Lodge, you’ll be surrounded by nature inside and out. This lodge brings the wildlife indoors, professionally decorated with fish, deer and bear-themed décor throughout the house, reminding you that you’re on vacation in the mountains. You may even see one of the many graceful deer that live nearby. And if you’re bringing another family, you’ve got the perfect setting for entertaining, with four charming bedrooms, a huge gourmet kitchen, and plenty of activities for the kids.
You and your guests will have all the entertainment you need here by the river. The backyard has a beach-like feeling, with huge river rocks near the river to sun bathe on. Go kayaking, or drop off the kids a few minutes upstream so they can float down the river on their tubes back to the cabin. You can spend your days fishing, tubing, making sandcastles, collecting river rocks, and simply enjoying a lazy afternoon lounging on the river deck.
There’s plenty more to do away from the water as well. Go apple picking at one of the orchards just a few minutes’ drive away, and it’s only a few minutes further to Amicalola Falls State Park. Or head to Cartecay Vineyards to sample some local wines.
When you’re ready to unwind at night, turn on the music and lights in the backyard and dip into the hot tub to relax. If you’re still feeling energized from the day, shoot some pool, or put the ping pong cover on the billiards table and show off your topspin. Kids will enjoy playing games or watching TV in the basement game room, snuggled up on the long sofa. You can also bring out the board games or Wii for hours of family fun.
Each of the four bedrooms has its own completely unique nature theme, from the king master bedroom on the main floor with its own Jacuzzi tub, to the main floor guest bedroom with its two double beds, or the two queen bedrooms in the basement, one of which faces the river.
Lazy River Lodge offers a calm, rustic setting in the countryside to relax your mind and body. Here, the river will wash away your cares and create a stream of fun-filled memories for family and friends to cherish for years to come.
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 10 (king, 2 queens, 2 double beds)
- Game Room - billiards table, ping pong cover, 50” flat screen TV with Wii, 12” TV with VCR, children VCR movies, stereo system that connects with outside deck, sofa, chair, coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug, gas stove, board games
- Outdoor - screened-in porch, dining table seats 4, 4 extra chairs, end table, rug, ceiling fan; hot tub seats 5 on lower deck with holiday lights above, dining table seats 4, Adirondack chairs with foot rests, gas grill, charcoal grill (bring charcoal); beach chairs and seating near river deck
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, custom cabinets, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, kitchen island seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, coffee maker, waffle maker, crockpot, toaster, blender
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, extra bench in family room to seat 2 more
- Media - satellite TV, local phone service
- Family Room - leather sofa, 2 leather chairs, ottoman, rocking chair, stone wood burning fireplace, 12” TV with VCR, iPod docking station, coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug
- Bedrooms - main level master with leather king bed, 50” flat screen TV with WiFi for Netflix and YouTube, river view, dresser, end table, lamp; main level guest room with 2 heavy log double beds, chair, dresser, end table, lamp; downstairs bedroom facing river with sleigh queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps; second downstairs bedroom with white framed queen bed, 32” flat screen TV, dresser, night stands, lamps
- Bathrooms - main level master bath with tiled walk-in tile shower, Jacuzzi tub, granite tops, bidet, double vanity; main level bath with tub/shower combo, granite tops; downstairs bath with tub/shower combo, double vanity, granite tips
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level next to kitchen
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved road to cabin, paved driveway, 2 car garage, ample parking
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth night is free