Resting on the Toccoa River in the Aska Adventure Area, Big River Lodge is big in so many ways: Big in beauty, nature, serenity, fun and relaxation – and the big, soothing sounds of the river it sits on. With almost 200 feet of riverfront, the rushing water will bring peace to your soul day or night.
This idyllic Blue Ridge cabin rental features beautiful rustic décor in nature’s palette, hickory-trimmed cabinetry, tongue and groove paneling, high-end furniture and charming accent pieces like a canoe-shaped bookshelf and log mantle over the fireplace in the great room. On top of all that, incredible vistas surround you on all sides.
Have breakfast at the high table in the massive great room overlooking the river while you map out your activities for the day…So many to choose from! The Toccoa River is home to North Georgia’s finest trout fishing, and made for tubing, rafting, kayaking or canoeing. When not on the river, you can also hike the many trails nearby and discover their hidden waterfalls.
If you’re simply looking for a little R & R, take your pick of places to take in the peaceful river views before you, from the rockers on the upper deck to the red Adirondack chairs on the lower porch or on the open terrace. Sit back with a cold drink and a magazine while watching the sky change colors.
In the evening, grill your fresh catch and have dinner in the covered pavilion just steps away from the river, or serve everyone upstairs on the upper deck. Either way, you’ll be treated to water views and great company with your meal. Relax in the spacious hot tub on the lower deck after a fun-filled day, or enjoy the warmth of the pavilion’s wood-burning fireplace on cooler nights.
Choose a DVD, make some popcorn and curl up on the sofa to watch a movie on the great room’s giant screen, or hang out in the game room downstairs, playing pinball, arcade games or pool. Get a little team competition going with a game of Scrabble, checkers, dominos or Bingo.
After an invigorating day out in the fresh air and cool water, snuggle up in one of the lodge’s three bedrooms. Choose from the huge king master bedroom suite with its own master bath and gorgeous hickory furniture, or one of the two queen bedrooms on the upper level, all of which are adorned with high-end rustic furniture. There are also two pullout sofas, great for the kids or extra guests.
Big River Lodge is nirvana for water lovers. Get ready for fun and adventure when you’re here – big days and nights await you.
- High Speed Wireless Internet Connection
- Sleeps 8 (king, 2 queens, queen pull-out)
- Game Room - regulation billiards, pinball, arcade game, leather sofa and recliner, 32" flat screen HDTV with DVD/VHS player, movies, stools, twig bookcase with board games, books
- Outdoor - main level with 2 rockers, dining table seats 4; covered lower deck, 4 Adirondacks, end table, lamps, hot tub seats 6, twig high back chair, coffee table, wooden bench, end table; open stone terrace with stone steps accessing the Toccoa river, 4 Adirondacks, 2 end tables; covered pavilion, gas grill, seating for 4, stone wood burning fireplace; children's swing set
- Interior - all wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen, custom hickory cabinets, stainless steel appliances, kitchen utensils, microwave, blender, coffee maker, large crockpot, electric griddle, mixer and can opener
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - satellite TV, local phone service
- Family Room - sectional pull out queen sofa with chaise and recliner, stone gas fireplace, 40" TV with DVD/VHS player, coffee table, end tables, lamps; 2 hickory rockers over looking river view, high top table seats 4, round table, lamp, antler sconces
- Bedrooms - main level bedroom with Rustic log queen bed, night stands, dresser, lamps; second main level bedroom with unique twig queen bed, dresser, night stands, lamps; master downstairs with hickory framed king bed, 32" TV with DVD/VHS player, hickory dresser, night stands, lamps
- Bathrooms - main level bath tub/shower combo, hickory cabinets, copper sink; downstairs master with private bath, tub/shower combo, hickory cabinets, copper sink
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs, iron and ironing board
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - ample parking
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 10:00 am. A down payment is required to reserve the cabin. For complete rental terms, please read the Cabin Rental Agreement
Purchase five nights and the sixth night is free